Child Custody Investigation
Filley and Associates targets our investigations to document the care of children in a child custody case. Sometimes that is the only way to get evidence of abuse or neglect for consideration by a court.
In a child custody surveillance, the investigator conducts surveillance of the activities of a parent, baby sitter or nanny, while with the clients child or children. We target our surveillance to the needs of the client or client’s attorney. We document . We document unsafe activities on the part of the Subject of the investigation:
What is a Child Welfare / Custody Surveillance?
- Driving with the child out of a carseat
- Drug or alcohol use by the parent, while with the child
- Putting the child into unhealthy or unsafe situations
- Parent’s affiliation with unsafe or unhealthy people during visititation
- Parent’s violation of rules of visitation
- Parent driving with child in the car after drinking alcohol at a bar or restaurant
- Verbal or physical abuse that might take place outside of the family home
- Disparaging remarks about the other parent or other inappropriate discussions with or within ear shot of the child
In California, we can’t audio record the conversations of the Subject or other parties, without consent, so all evidence is documented on videotape or photograph, with first person accounts of any conversations overheard by the investigator(s). The details of the conversation are noted contemporaneously and can be testified to, by the investigator.
We have had the pleasure of playing a part in protecting children from unsafe situations in many cases, both domestic and international.
Please contact us to discuss your case. We look forward to working with you!
Filley and Associates