California Asset Checks | US Asset Checks
Asset checks are a tool used to uncover the financial status of a business or individual. Asset searches are conducted for a number of reasons. Fraud detection, judgment recovery, uncovering hidden assets for the purpose of child or alimony support, case valuation and case settlement are legitimate purposes for conducting asset checks. For other types of asset checks, please see our Business Asset Check and Personal Asset Check pages.
A broad range of sophisticated on-line databases and investigation resources provides us with access to critical information on individuals and businesses. We also have access to a network of highly trained professionals, which enables us to compile the most complete reports possible on individual and corporate assets.
Filley & Associates provide database services to the insurance and legal communities, subject to GLB and IRSG guidelines. We are experienced in using the most effective databases for the individual situation and develop the best information possible in the most cost effective manner. We conduct our asset searches in-house and do not outsource asset checks.
Asset Check Laws:
All searches are compliant with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
All asset checks must have a permissible purpose. Please contact us to consult with a member of our team.
Types of Assets:
Source of Income
- The source of a Subjects’ income is part of our full asset check service. We use a variety of methods to uncover
- Through a variety of means, Filley and Associates identifies the Subject’s business affiliations.
Intellectual Property Ownership
- Trademarks and Patents, websites and domains
- Other property, which may have value sufficient to pursue may include musical instruments, coin collections, art and other items owned by the Subject of the investigation.
Real Estate Ownership and History
- Our real estate checks provide useful ownership, ownership history and mortgage information regarding the properties. We also provide valuation information.
- We obtain information regarding vehicle ownership on a state by state basis and this information is not available in all states. In California we provide the information necessary to identify vehicle assets worth pursuing.
Aircraft and Watercraft Owned
- We locate aircraft and watercraft nationwide
- We conduct statewide and nationwide searches for bank accounts held in the name of an individual or business. Our search is comprehensive and we use a variety of legal methods to locate as many accounts as possible.
- Our stock ownership check is nationwide. We identify stock certificates purchased directly from the company and not through a brokerage firm.
- Our brokerage account search is conducted nationwide. We discreetly locate all of an individuals’ investment accounts held by a brokerage firm.
Safe Deposit Boxes
- We conduct searches for safe deposit boxes on a statewide or nationwide basis.
- Personal Assets
- Business and Corporate Assets
- Banking Relationship
- Concealed and Hard to Find Assets